Love you healthy blog by; saidah jones
This month we will work on ways to move for effectively with agility. Agility or nimbleness is the ability to change the body's position efficiently. Agility incorporates four basic skills: 1)Balance 2) Coordination 3)Strength 4) Reflexes 5) Endurance 6) Speed. Through dynamic warm-ups and stretches we will work on improving the body's function. So skip in your spare time and side slide down the hall at work and opt for a few jumping jacks in your spare time to improve your agility and move more efficiently and effectively pain-free.
Our 2017 eclipse was indeed awesome. We awoke knowing that there would be a brief period of darkness today. It would get dark and cooler. Our day would change, however we were prepared to see it though. We knew the darkness was temporary and most importantly the sun was always shining. We will definitely have another eclipse (period of darkness) in our life before the next 40 years but be prepared. See yourself through the temporary darkness, and know the sun is still shining. Don't let anyone eclipse your light.
Spinergy is moving to six-week session next month (February). You will now be able to purchase the Spinergy in six-week sessions. Assess where you begin, maintain in the middle and evaluate where you end. Look for challenging full body workouts for all fitness levels.
FIRST SESSION: Monday, February 2 thru Saturday, March 14
OFF WEEK: March 15-21 (Extreme Fitness Class: Cycle & Screen).
For more information or to register: 6 WEEKS OF SPINERGY
Cold weather brings out all of the aches and pains that we can often ignore in the warmer months. In an effort to prepare you for those warmer months, we want to become more active, I will incorporate a series of therapeutic exercise to help strengthen the stabilizers and muscles to help alleviate knee pain. Expect inner & outer thigh exercises along with a series of hip and hamstring exercises for the month of February in Spinergy. Click here for the most common causes of knee pain Top Causes of Knee Pain
Core Fusion Extreme - Exhale Spa (Loews Hotel)
Dumbbell rating: 4.00
Located in the Loews Hotel in Midtown Atlanta this facility is absolutely beautiful. The hardest part was the logistics of trying to park, get into the hotel and find the correct elevator to take you to Exhale. Otherwise, the class was amazing. Core Fusion Extreme offered a variety of different exercises and even two instructors to coach you through the workout. We used everything from TRX bands to kettle bells, and even the Gliders for push ups. The instructors added balance agility and core work which completed a near perfect workout.
WHAT I LOVED ABOUT THE CLASS
1. THE INSTUCTOR(S) - This class had two instructors who each contributed something different to the workout. One constantly checked form and motivated participants while the other led the exercise. Mid-way through the workout, they switched roles and you felt as if you got to know them both.
2. THE WORKOUT - I enjoy when I go to a class and get the opportunity to workout on an apparatus that I might not usually. We did box jump on soft boxes (which I loved), we used TRX, kettle bells and also did a mix of basic exercises i.e bench dips. I love the variety and thought that went into this class.
3. THE COMMUNITY - We were all put in groups of 4-10, and by the end of the workout we were all encouraging each other to keep going, and push harder. With smiles and fist bumps this crew made me feel like a part of the Core Fusion EX family, which makes it easy to come back.
4. THE MUSIC - Perfect mix of rock, hip-hop and pop. Not too loud that you couldn't hear the instructors but loud enough to get you through the next set of squat jumps.
5. THE BOUTIQUE - Bring extra money because the boutique is loaded with environmentally friendly nail polish, body products, amazing tanks/tees and tights AND they have sales.
6. THE FACILITY - The spa is beautiful everywhere you turn. Full amenities and lockers in the bathroom, in case you have big plans after and need to change. The roof-top view of Midtown Atlanta in over-sized lounge chairs is the perfect end a great butt-kicking Core Fusion Extreme workout.