All too often I see gym-goers completing workouts that are doing little to help them reach their fitness goals. Keep in mind, I am a big proponent of moving and I love the concept of accumulating 10k a day in steps so I'm happy to see everyone and anyone in the gym. Getting specific about your workout and what you want to accomplish is key towards seeing any results. Here are 7 things that any workout that is worth it's 'weight' should have:
It can be hard to get in a daily allowance of all the vitamins, and minerals that you need in a day. Vitamins, minerals and nutrients keep us healthy, ward off chronic disease, decrease risks of cancer and help us lose weight.
On my busiest days, I am aware that I could easily miss a meal therefore I plan and load up on highly nutrient dense foods to get through. Here are my favorite and all of which, I will eat throughout the day:
1. Nuts - Pecans, walnuts, almonds, peanuts etc. The nut is mighty and is almost packed with everything you need to get a fast jolt that will satiate you and get you throw the day.
2. Sweet Potatoes - Another food that is almost perfect and highly transportable. They give you the perfect balance of healthy goodness.
3. Salmon - The all mighty salmon. Wild-caught this superfood provides you with loads of Omega 3,6,9.
4. Berries - Great for the many antioxidants they hold, berries are one of mother natures miracle foods.
5. Eggs - The most Egg-cellent of foods, perfectly balanced by nature for you. Enjoy the yolk in addition to the white for a convenient snack.