Many times our abdominal workouts will make you stronger but do little to change the appearance of your abs. Here are my top tips for getting the abs that you want:
1. Back UP - Upright exercises should be the majority of the abdominal exercises in your routine. We spend most of our time upright, so you should complete ab work up...right?
2. Variety is key - Do a multitude of different exercises. My rule of thumb is if you can do 100 at one time then you need to add a new exercise.
3. Tools - Use a variety of different tools, medicine balls, Swiss balls, back extension machine are all great for increasing the intensity and eliciting results.
4. Add walking, running or jogging. This is the ultimate ab work. Learn how to exercise correct posture and truly engage your body in the upright position.
5. Find a fitness class. The classes that I instruct will usually push you a tad bit more than you would push yourself.