Dumbbell rating out of 5: 4.0 Dumbbells
Nestled in the basement of Lenox Mall, The Forum is easy to get to. Known for it's Fast Twitch classes, current and former NFL players and personal trainers it caters to the Buckhead community. Including the 30-40 something moms with kids who want a kick-a@# workout. I attended the Saturday morning Full-Body Fast Twitch class which offered an array of athletic moves. Sled pushing, Bosu bouncing, bicep curling & squats are just a few of the many exercises we completed in circuit form nonstop for one-hour.
WHAT I LOVED ABOUT THE CLASS:
1. Music - Upbeat old/new school hip hop. Almost thought I was 20 again, but there are too many mirrors for that. :-)
2. Amenities - Locker room stocked full of Q-tips, mouthwash, lotion, deodorant, and two towel sizes. Great for a trip to the mall after.
3. Kid Friendly - The Forum offers a kids fitness class taught by former NFL player Dorsey Levens at the same time for ages 7 & up. For younger kids, childcare/nursery is available for only $5 (non-members included). Perfect if you have little ones.
4. Equipment - Class offers equipment that you wouldn't find in a typical gym. Movable sled, arm crank(@instagram/loveyouhealthy) and more.
5. Roman (Forum Owner) - As the only one leading the class, he created a culture of accountability encouraging you to check out the participant in front of you, and maintain your form for others as well.
WHAT MATTERED MOST: At the end of class, Roman fist-bumped everyone and told them "good job/good work" and it made you feel like "yeah - I did do a good job, thanks".