Love you healthy blog by; saidah jones
The holidays means more shopping, more people and more germs! This is the time of year that I really increase my health regimen. The most effective way to achieve that goal is not with supplements but with superfoods. We should be very deliberate about the amount of food that we are eating out and the germs it encounters. Also, as the seasons change so does our need for certain nutrients. For example, it's citrus season! Citrus is known for its high levels of vitamin C which helps to boost immunity and fights the common cold and flu.
Here are a 10 healthy food to consume in a week.
1. Citrus - Whether it be an orange, water with multiple lemon wedges or a grapefruit for snack.
2. Broth-Based Soups - Broths and soups are close to the most nutrient dense food item that we can get. Having it in liquid form allows for better absorbtion.
3. Water - As temperature drops, indoor heat arises. Dry air increases dehydration. Keep water by your side.
4. Salad - Have a big salad with at least four different colors represented in the mix.
5. Beans/Legumes - Slow-cooked beans with rice provides all the amino acids of meat. Make this a meal this week.
6. Tea - Ginger, chamomile, lemon are my favorite ways to wind down with medicinal intent.
7. Kombucha - Probiotics are a must for my entire family GT Synergy is our favorite.
8. Garlic - Such a powerful superfood, I find ways to sautee it with broccoli, add it to Italian dishes etc.
9. Bone-Broth - At least once a week I'll make something that incorporates a stew or soup WITH bones.
10. Greens - I know we all love Kale but any type of greens, stewed, sautéed is a perfect way to consume an in-season nutrient-rich food.