Love you healthy blog by; saidah jones
Being snowed in might seem a little rough. Sure, you are stuck at home for a day or two BUT if you have been working out with me, your body is now trained to move meaning you can't stand sitting around. Many of you have emailed for workouts, taken the dogs out for a long walk or even worked out on your own. This means two thumbs up for positive lifestyle behavioral changes taking place. Here are the
TOP 6 REASONS BEING SNOWED IN IS GOOD FOR YOUR DIET:
1. RESTAURANTS ARE CLOSED! No eating out which is the number one way to reduce excess caloric intake.
2. GROCERY SHOPPING! Which leads to making conscious decisions about how you eat. Chances you will by ice cream for a snowy day instead of fruit or veggies is quiet low.
3. MINIMIZED OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES! So you might have the occasional glass of wine, but who likes drinking a lot alone? Even if you do, you run out and the stores are closed!
4. CABIN FEVER - Makes you want to get out and run. After sitting around you realize how much your body really needs to move. Long walks and great home workouts become a necessity.
5. TEA - What's a snowed in day without warm tea? Hot tea has been shown to curb your appetite, and satiate your need for sweets and other cravings.
6. LOWERED STRESS LEVELS - Being snowed in forces you to sit back and relax. I love it. Stress levels drop, bringing down those hormone levels which can trigger weight gain.